MINISTER OF FAMILY AND CHILDREN
Updated Date: June 22, 2022
Accountability : Senior Pastor (or assigned role in lieu of Senior Pastor)
This person must be a born again Christian. This person must be an ordained minister. It is preferred this person has experience or education specializing in children’s ministry.
Generally, under the direction of the Senior Pastor, this person is to provide leadership in the area of the Family and Children Ministry. This position is a key leadership role in the development of policies and plans that impact the lives of children birth through 5th grade. As a church we desire to come along side parents and support and encourage the spiritual development of both parent and child.
The Child Learning Center (CLC) of Alpha Baptist Church is separate of this Ministry of Family and Children position. However, we seek to reach and minister the families of the CLC.
Church Related Ministry Jobs and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the overall ministry to children from birth through 5th grade
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of children’s ministries at Alpha Baptist Church.
- Knowledge and experience in Biblical teaching and faith development.
- Build positive relationships with parents of all children in our programs.
- Establish relationships with the CLC families.
- Be involved with CLC weekly Bible study.
- Assist with recruiting, training and evaluating teachers and workers in children’s ministries.
- Oversee, plan and organize family events.
- Work with CLC events.
- Develop ways to receive input and evaluation from parents, teachers, and other church leaders.
- Assist the outreach ministry as it relates to children and parents.
- Lead regular teacher training meetings.
- Ensure accurate records for participants in children’s ministry events…Sunday School, VBS, Wednesday activities, organized recreational programs, etc.
- Provide a safe friendly and learning environment for children and families.
- Communicate the needs of children’s programs to staff and church.
- Recommend rooms and curriculum for all children’s classes.
- Seek to assimilate families into the life and ministry of Alpha Baptist Church.
- Be readily available to answer questions and concerns of teachers and parents.
- Requires a personal active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Seek opportunities to grow spiritually.
- Understands and follows The Baptist Faith and Message 2000, for foundations of teaching and personal faith.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Be responsible to ensure that The Child Protection Policies are strictly enforced.
- Handle disciplinary issues through appropriate channels.
- Attend regular staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Submit an annual budget and be responsible for keeping the expenditures within the budget for the children’s ministry.